Our attorneys can help you with the process of becoming a permanent resident of the United States through family, employment, asylum or refugee status, fiancé(e), Special Immigrant Juvenile, LIFE Act, and lottery.

a) Green Card through Family

You may be eligible to get a Green Card as:

  • an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen, including spouse, unmarried children under the age of 21, and parents of a U.S. citizen petitioner who is at least 21 years old
  • a family member of a U.S. citizen fitting into a preference category, including unmarried sons or daughters over the age of 21, married children of any age, and brothers and sisters of U.S. citizen petitioners 21 or older
  • a family member of a green card holder, including spouse and unmarried children of the sponsoring green card holder
  • a member of a special category, including battered spouse or child (VAWA), fiancé(e), a person born to a foreign diplomat in the United States, a V-nonimmigrant or a widow(er) of a U.S. Citizen, or Special Immigrant Juvenile

b) Green Card through Employment or Job Offer

If eligible, you may become a permanent resident based on employment or a job offer. Immigrant visa numbers become available according to employment based preferences. See Employment.

c) Green Card through Asylum or Refugee Status

Refugees and their qualifying family members are required by law to apply for permanent resident status one year after being admitted to the United States in refugee status. Asylees may apply for permanent resident status one year after being granted his/her asylum status.

d) Green Card through Fiancé(e)

A Fiancé(e) visa allows for a fiancé(e) and his/her minor children to be admitted to the United States as nonimmigrants. This visa allows for shorter separation and couple can continue processing for an immigrant visa after marriage, while in the United States.